Circular Change Conference
The international Circular Change Conference, once again taking place in Maribor, Slovenia, 16-17 May 2019, is one of the most prominent annual gatherings of the circular economy community, sustainable businesses and government actors in Europe.
The ambition of the 4th Circular Change Conference is to move towards “less talk, more action”. We are inviting you to explore what is actually happening “on the ground”. We all know that switching from a linear to a circular economy is a must. We have excellent reports and scientific data, and we have agreed to follow the sustainable development approach. What we need now is concrete action, radical collaboration and scalable success stories.
This year we are focusing on real business cases from the four priority sectors set out in the Roadmap Towards the Circular Economy in Slovenia – food system, manufacturing industries, mobility and forest-based value chains, while highlighting the key role of creative industries.
Held under Honorary Sponsorship of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Slovenia Marjan Šarec and supported by renowned mentors from all over the world, the Circular Change team will be joined by around 400 participants from over 20 countries who will help us co-create sustainable solutions for the future.
Why is the Circular Change Conference a Must-be-there Event?
• Over 30 speakers from over 15 countries
• Real business cases: presentations by companies, such as Aquafil, Laško Union Brewery, Skaza and many others
• Introducing new topics into discussion on the national, EU and international levels: keynotes by EU Commissioner Violeta Bulc, dr. Janez Potočnik, Luca Jahier, President of EESC + special meeting of the Urban Innovative Actions programme
• Listed by the World Economic Forum as one of the key circular community engagement events of the year
• Part of EU Green Week
• Held in a unique location in the centre of Slovenia’s 2nd largest city
• Unique positive atmosphere: Slovenian hospitality for an annual meeting of friends and newcomers
• Features an inspiring mix of activities: keynotes, workshops, roundtables, exhibitions, networking and company visits